He says:
As an officer of the court I cannot stand idly by knowing allegations involving me have been misstated. I am now a witness to an (sic) innacurate legal pleading filed in our court system.

http://www.wftv.com/pdf/24581279/detail.html

Parts of Baez’s motion in question:

Snipped from page 5 of 10:
In sum, despite the apparent efforts in self-serving proclamations by TES counsel, when Defense did make arrangements to go to inspect the documents, they were still prohibited from being able to make any recordings, take any notes, to make any copies, or to otherwise obtain any information, other than simply to view the 4 boxes. In reality, 2 of the boxes were immediately removed by TES volunteer, Fitzgerald, and defense counsel were not allowed to look in them at all. What was the purpose of that? TES counsel says it was to show that they were not hiding anything! Defense counsel were not even allowed to make an inventory, of any description, of the files that they did view and mark. How, then, would the Defendant’s team ever know what was, in good faith, to be turned over by TES counsel?

Baez continues:
Additionally, TES counsel acknowledges the he allowed another lawyer not part of the defense team, to review all of the documents at this leisure. Interesting enough, that lawyer now represents the parents of the Defendant, who were previously represented by TES counsel, for whatever purposes, primarily related solely to media appearances. There were no issues of privacy raised then; no indications that that lawyer was restricted from having copies or making notes; no indications that that lawyer had to pay cash in advance to look at the files. Where is the “bad faith” now?

Here’s Coup de Gras:
When the review of the other 2 began, somehow, “mysteriously”, local news media (Channel 6 reporter with cameraman) appeared in the TES lawyer’s private conference reception room and were seen to surreptitiously filming your undersigned counsel’s efforts to review files.

Brad Conway’s Letter of Resignation:
http://www.wesh.com/news/24643776/detail.html

With regret I am forced to resign as George and Cindy Anthonys attorney. The defense motion filed on August 9, 2010 contains allegations that are not in fact true. As an officer of the court I cannot stand idly by knowing allegations involving me have been misstated. I am now a witness to an innacurate legal pleading filed in our court system. As such, I cannot continue in good conscience as a legal representative. George and Cindy Anthony have done nothing improper, it is the failure of the defense to verify the facts alleged in their motion that forces my withdrawal. I will continue to support the Anthonys, will continue to attend hearings and the eventual trial and most importantly I will continue to search for the full truth regarding the killing of Caylee Marie Anthony.

Today, Monday, August 16, 2010, George & Cindy’s attorney, Brad Conway resigns.

Question of the Day:
Did he or did he not view TES documents?

(And if he did where’s the problem with that?) Where there’s smoke, there’s fire…

I only have one bit of advice for George & Cindy Anthony. DON’T SIGN NUTTIN!!

Advertisements